Project Delivery Manager Park-IT Solutions
Project Delivery Manager - Park-IT Solutions, Birmingham
A bit about us:
We are a SaaS company who specialise in parking solutions. We operate in the largest airports throughout the UK and we are backed by (Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for) Holiday Extras. We employ amazing people and give them the
freedom to deliver brilliant things.
We handle over 4m car movements a year and have more than 3k employees using our platform daily…..and we’re just getting started!
The role and opportunity:
We are looking for a Project Manager to help drive our ambitious expansion plans through to fruition.
Park-IT is expanding rapidly and you will play a vital role in this expansion. Responsible for managing new customer
installations from the point of contractual handover right through to launch day. This expansion is happening both inside and outside of the UK, providing you with some exciting opportunities to travel, not only within the UK and Europe but the rest of the world as well. You will be talking to our customers, understanding their needs and wants and ensuring these are translated into the perfect solution for them.
You will be a confident and knowledgable project manager who has a wide understanding of various project methodologies. With strong communication and negotiation skills ensuring that projects remain on track and on task. It's a hands-on role which requires you to thoroughly understand the customers working environment and also requires an articulate individual that has the ability to explain complex technology and processes with ease.
You will be heavily reliant on and working very closely with the rest of the Park-IT team to make sure that your projects are
successful. With a broad knowledge of technology, you will be comfortable conversing on technical solutions to a wide range of customers utilising tools such as mobile software and hardware, Google, AWS, custom hardware and software. You need to be a team player who will roll their sleeves up and has a 'get the job done' attitude.
You will control a number of projects, some small and some large. Keeping our customers well informed and satisfied throughout the project lifestyle is key to successful delivery.
- Working with customers to bring to life their operational visions and assisting to translate requirements into robust software/ hardware solutions
- Ownership of the project backlog which ranges from application upgrades to implementing new functionality across our suite of applications (PC, mobile, web and bespoke hardware)
- Co-ordinating both internal and external resources to ensure high quality project delivery
- Scheduling, overseeing and taking responsibility for new implementations; ensuring go live is a smooth process
- Create and own the implementation project plan, ensuring all facets are covered prior to go live for all 3rd parties
- Building and maintaining technical and process driven documentation
Birmingham, UK (with extensive travel including Europe and beyond)
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing projects in a fast paced operational environment
- Sound technical knowledge within a B2B, SaaS environment
- Team player, great at building relationships with a hunger to deliver results
- Experience of working in a process driven operational business with a good understanding of change and release management, risk management, service improvement and incident & problem management
- Proven track record of spanning the gap between Ops and Tech
- Experience of managing a very busy workload and project backlog
- Exposure to Agile, Prince and ITIL methodologies, with a good working knowledge of each
- Demonstrated experience of being 'hands on' and leading by example
- Experience of the parking / logistics industry would be an advantage
Full clean driving licence required
What’s in it for me?
This role has great potential for career development, we have high aims and the scope of the role will be growing as we do!
Package: Salary DOE + up to 10% bonus (quarterly objective based)
Company car (up to the value of £18k) with pension, fully flexible benefits package including private medical insurance and life assurance as well as heaps of discounted shopping and travel perks